Friday 21 May 2021

The Evaluation 2-The Video

 

 Here we go the be all end all. The fruits of my labors and I have to say that it's rather plain and a bit dull.

So before I get into what went horribly wrong lets go through what was actually okay. For a start I felt that the transitions were okay, they worked well with the effect theme that I was going for in terms of a VHS style by using static to signify the change in what the primary visual is on the screen. On this area I like the overlay that I managed to put together for this as it helped to achieve the goal of home made that I wanted to achieve when planning out this video. There's not much to break down for the audio so I won't cover it as it's just the unedited band audio.
Back to the video and I think that the live video shots were alright. They weren't perfect or what I thought I could get out of it but for the purposes that I needed it worked well.

Now we get to the worst and where it went bad boogle, starting with where I left off above with the real time cinematography. The quality of the recordings was awful, the lighting wasn't anywhere near as consistent or developed as it should have been and the angle wasn't symmetric enough for the effect to fully work, now what was captured failed as well as the video files weren't originally compatible with what I was doing so there was no proofing on what settings the camera therefore it made an inferior product.
The synchronicity of how the visuals were aligned is really off as well, when you look at a typical music video you look at one of the examples that we've used for this area ordinarily the artist pre-records the audio then the visuals are aligned in time with the right balance between the audio and what's being shown on screen to get the full effect of the song as it were. It's not just this that caused big problems but matching the beat is way off too. Generally using the beat to mark where certain points go is vital as it can make or break the flow and unfortunately that's where I dropped the obvious ball for this area. 
Another point is that there's no general story or narrative behind the images I've used in order to reach any of the two ideas that I have discussed previously or the theory behind the original video that made it so successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...