Monday 21 June 2021

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final

Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them.

Looking at camera and lighting I feel that I have covered everything necessary here, I have gone into good detail about the various areas such as what lighting is best for the right situations when filming providing decent advice into what lighting products work best for the right circumstances. When discussing DSLR basics and ISO usage I feel that I covered the right details and gave good advice based off of it, while providing examples of what I talk about to demonstrate points and show what happens when talking about the various settings and other accessories when doing so.
However I do feel that I had some weakness to in the work that I did for this area, for example when discussing standard lighting for photography studios, I only covered the basics of what the area had and only really covered the basic idea behind each lighting type rather than discussing not only that but real world application of these techniques.
In future I need to remember that while analysing and providing examples of what each technique can do is good showing and giving real life applications and effectiveness is also necessary as that's where they'll be used more than how they have been used in the past.

The next area to cover is legal and health. I covered this exceptionally well as I gave some strong real world examples and scenarios as well as relating them to the current project.
In relation to health I covered all applicable situations that could arise from doing certain pieces of work or projects, it covers damages to camera operators, actors and others around the area while the project is underway and how best to cover them from these incidents should they occur. However it's not just damages to people directly but indirectly like having something wet around electrical sockets etc.
When covering the idea of legal I feel like this was my biggest strength. I covered all possible legal conflicts or ideas when making a production from copyright to fair usage and actor regulation. I made sure that every aspect showed what each part does and more importantly how these aspects would impact the production and how I would help move it along from there.
The next time I do a project like this the improvements would be based on the lesser amount of detail that I gave to the health aspect of productions as while the multiple posts gave them good coverage I feel that there was still aspects I could have given more details to or maybe instead of giving a great focus to the real world part of the development I could instead have provided more considerations that might not be known to most but still give importance to the production as a whole.

Lastly would be planning and how effective I was at doing so. In the first project I covered planning to a heavy degree, talking about shot lists and equipment as well as budgeting and other such necessities for a large scale production.
For the promotional video I feel that this was my strongest area as I gave great detail to every important area within it and showed how each of these details impacted my decision. I feel that my strongest piece in this was discussing the budgeting as I provided greater detail from this and demonstrated how these details would impact the choices I make for my project.
The music video was weaker I didn't give as much detailed analysis of the same areas as before and what I did cover was flimsy and didn't capture what I discussed to the same effect as in previous projects. I only gave small pieces of what each was alongside what I was using them for.
For future projects and other such ideas I need to dedicate the same amount of time to the each area in order to make sure that they're all as effective as each other to give me the best result for my project which helps me to ensure that I'm getting a quality product by the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...