Friday 22 January 2021

Evaluation Of Psychology In Film

 In this section I'll review how well I think I did of using psychological theories within the film industry.


So researching the topic I feel that I did okay, I mean I found a bit of peer reviewed websites and studies from around the web about the topic of certain either idea or psychologists and how they relate to the industry in more of a media production circumstance.
Now I know that I didn't list a lot of the sources that I saw or read but that was due to the fact of they only had a few passive ideas that would only apply within a few contexts none of which were great for the topic I was covering. However that was on the essay in background research for each psychologist who presented different ideas I felt that was a more stronger position because I could be more generic but also it gave me the opportunity to spread wider and see how these ideas have adapted and changed over time.

On to the written work of this unit, outside of the research I feel that this was one of my stronger yet weaker areas of this unit. While the writing was good in that I got my ideas out on paper and made for some good comparisons to recent media using the ideas discussed, but not a lot of them were clear enough on the page for it to be completely recognizable how they relate to one another. Then in relation to the essay I presented a main idea from the psychologist Freud and while good in relation to a film breakdown and further analysis of its context there was little in terms of broader development, this isn't exactly great at showing how Freud can be used in a variety of ways within film.

Now onto my referencing. This more of a grey area as it applies more towards the essay than any of the other blog posts in this unit, but I will bring it up anyway, I feel that I did enough referencing to the points that work with the subject of my essay. I feel that they were put in the right spots in my paragraphs and worked around the subject of each topic, this is excluding the fact of I feel that each one is specific enough to cover the referred to section enough.

Finally we come to the second part of this, my understanding of the topic. Overall I feel that throughout the work I display a competent level of understanding of the psychologists in the unit discussed as I can make some good comparative work with the media and the typical ideas from the people of the time and how their major thoughts still influence the media today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...