Saturday 8 May 2021

Focus Group Pt 2

 The Findings

Armed with some feedback from the questionnaire I decided to take what was said into account and begin to make a video based around it. Soon enough I had a small draft sample ready and together to present to the focus group. I'll present the key points below separated out by each section discussed:

Generic Information

There were 3-4 people who participated within this focus group. It took place on Teams and lasted for around 12mins out of a 1hr 5mins video chat where I gave input to other creators as well. We held this on Thursday 6th May.

The Objective of the time

In this focus group I had a main goal of seeking guidance with how to proceed further in making my video. I had a few paths to go down and I wasn't sure which one would be the most effective choice to make this project a success, but my secondary goal was to see what edits would work with the song and the visuals in order to get everything put together in an effective manner.


The Main Q+A

Here you can see an example of the questions that I wanted to ask the group during our time. I'll go through them in brief:
I had two different versions of the same video ready to play and played both for this first part, for the first piece about the audio they liked a first option that I had available with a bit of diluted colour but a VHS overlay.
The second fell in line with what I expected from due to previous reference from the questionnaire where the original audio won out over an edited piece that had been made. This came from the fact that the group felt it made the audio quality seem of a lower quality and that any additional input over what's there already would distract from the song itself. 
The last question that I feel is important to address from this questionnaire is on the subject of lyrics on screen to follow along with the audio. The reason why I feel this is the final important one is because it could be done a lot of ways and figuring out what to do early on before the production goes into a lot of factors; some including tracking or making sure that the lyrics aren't covering any major pieces of the screen. The focus group decided against this as there would be too much information on screen and would distract from the main visuals on the screen itself meaning that there was a high chance of confusion of what the focus was.

Issues and Resolution

A few issues were brought up about the draft video that was shown during this, the top being the best way to execute the video. As I was vague in the questioning and the draft videos didn't demonstrate the idea well there was a discussion about them in order for me to explain my ideas for the group to understand and for us to proceed.
The second was concerning the audio, I made a big point about how the edited audio was good and that it related well to the topic of the video that I wanted to make. However they advised me against it because the sound while different seems poor and that could impact the audience enjoyment but also there could be disassociation between what the audience is hearing and what they're seeing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...