Saturday 8 May 2021

Questionnaires Pt 2

 The Results

Briefly before we get onto the results of the questionnaire I thought I'd give a bit of background behind the questionnaire itself. I sent it out to around thirty anonymous participants who also had a small sample of what ideas I had already in order for them to get a clearer picture of what I was asking about.

The goal was to help me narrow down before pulling together a focus group to help me iron out the final details, the main overarching idea for me to be able to make a few samples for the next stage. Below you can see an example of the general responses to some of the things that I asked in my questions:


The reasoning behind having a chart in this manner is that it clearly lays out each section that I asked after for a viewer, each section has a number and the thought process was the numbers that follow the labels are who voted in favour of having or using the previously stated.

Each section follows a question that I asked on the questionnaire relevant to the production so I broke the questions down in order to get me these categories.

As you can see there are some clear responses such as the choice between edited audio and unedited for the video, as well as stop motion over live action. This has helped to influence what I want to get out of this production as now I have a clear direction for the primary way of the production and it has also given me the chance of getting a decent back-up should the other flop.

In a more detailed format of specifics i.e. what I asked in terms of questions and how they were responded to, here's a few graphs that break it down: 

As you can see here this was a close divide when you actually look at the data. This helps me to determine that while another form of video is preferred I can still make the project a success even with it as a live-action.
This helps me in decision-making as well as allocation because it A) shows that if I were to get a live action video done then I need to dedicate the same amount of time to it as I would the other choice and B) Not to focus on certain parts of it but rather ensure that I give more thoughtful time to each shot if you will as this will effect the quality of what I put out.


Now this area has a much different result to it than any of the others because there's a clear majority over one than the others. 
As you can see on the left there was a small response in favour of this technique however the vast majority decided against it.
I didn't include a development box because I didn't feel that it wasn't necessary to the questionnaire at the time. This wasn't the best method for getting data as for a question like this as I might have missed out on something vital that could help the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...