Friday 30 April 2021

Research Techniques- The Review

 Evaluation

Let's start with the what I use and how effectively I did it.

When discussing questionnaires I think that the information I provided about what a questionnaire is was good, I covered both sources of information that you can get from using this method. Discussing primary and secondary sources of this was one of my stronger points of this section as it was easy to discuss and explain with justification on the good and bad points about it. 
However I do feel that there are areas where I could improve, such as providing better examples of where each method would be more useful for what type of thing being done but over all I think that Questionnaires were my strongest point.

Onto Focus groups, this one is a bit weaker as I couldn't really find a lot to discuss in essence because they're self explanatory really. We go through life doing focus groups when we work in a team so this becomes something that you know and just gets narrowed to specifics of what the discussion is.
There is room for improvement for example I could have discussed differentiation more when it came to how focus groups impact different decisions of a production, maybe gave some real world examples to back up my points too but overall I think that while a bit more wobbly this section was still okay.

The final section, live research where I carried out my own stuff. 
Starting with questionnaires, now I definitely had a lot to improve here for example instead of asking broad open-ended questions I should have had a more narrowed approach to get better results that could have helped me more in my production. The way a pulled together the data could have been smoother too and instead of loosing results by including a middle option I should have stuck to simple Yes/No formula to achieve the best possible result.

The focus group, this was definitely a luck one. I had no back-up group ready in case this was cancelled or people couldn't make it and with a group as small as it was that would've ended up hurting my production badly, not to mention the fact that I had no back-up questions or development points which would have been extremely beneficial to me and my research.

In summary I felt that I did better with the background of the techniques rather than putting them into practice themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...