Friday 12 March 2021

Evaluation- How does it all come together?

 How did we do?

Well like all things we must now come to a conclusion on this saga of planning for creation. Now throughout this project I have had to work in the way as if COVID didn't exist which has been fun but it has meant that I cannot create or work with real-world clients for this production.

However this does not mean that the work is useless and I can still show how well and effective this production would have been. So lets get to it, we'll breakdown bit by bit before giving an overall on how well and effective the production would have been.

Lets start with the Gantt charts. As ugly as they can be they're quite effective as I spoke about in the post, my Gantt chart is effective in getting the timescale of the production done with detail available and accurate scales based form the time that the production is given right to the deadline. My Gantt chart demonstrates a good portion of how time would be dedicated to each section of the production and has some great colour coding to identify what section covers what in terms of what the main ideas and how the contingency plans would be factored in.
So while this has good what would work better would be a better structure when it comes to the filming portion of the chart as it is a bit of a mess and doesn't have that much of a clear structure so a better and more refined block would be helpful and key to getting it put together.

Budgeting was one of the more in-depth factors that I covered in this project it helped me to get a clear idea of everything in my head and got a better structure from them as it allowed me to better plan for timing when it comes to a structure. I got more out it when it came to the idea too as it got me to think on my feet when it came to contingencies and getting ideas together for the whole production itself while putting forward.
However when it comes to detail I feel as though I missed out on some extra details such as covering travel, extra equipment and other things like this.

Scripts are another story, because this is only roughly a page long I can't exactly pass a fatal judgement in regards to what it contains or how well it would work out in a professional production but what I can do is say that having the edits embedded within the script works well as it highlights where you want certain points to be changed and helps to show where you want certain things placed.
But where it falls apart is its length too, for a production of the scale that the client was looking for a singular page dedicated to a script may not reach what exactly the client was looking for in the promotional video.

Now onto the storyboard, this is where I both had great and flat moments in regards to how it came together. The detailing on what I wanted to get out of the shots I felt was good, it showed clearly and concisely what I needed to get out of each frame and how I wanted it structured to fit the vision. The drawings highlight this and the movements of not only the camera but the actors too.
Yet the converse to this is also that the drawings are a bit muddled and don't necessarily show exactly whose moving whether its the actor or the camera itself which when directing could confuse the directions and cause something to happen that could have a negative impact.

It's time to slay the big boy and talk about legal, now in terms of coverage I feel that I covered a great deal in its own dedicated post and mentioned a few different times across different posts. It had a lot of detail and I made sure to mention that we had everything put together to cover ourselves in the event of legal backlash and medical issues.
Of course in balance to this I'm sure that I didn't go over everything that's necessary or would be required for a production or that might have some good or bad impacts to it being made and that could be a problem for the future.

The equipment list was put together after pricing was done so we could make sure that we didn't need to tack onto the end so we made sure that we had everything possible together in one place for the client and for insurance to protect ourselves and claim back on damages done during the production.
Nonetheless I probably missed something when it comes to listing everything together like mis-en-scene or extra props or maybe some more important equipment for filming but I feel that everything was covered as extensively as possible.

Last but not least is the location recces, now here is where I would flop in terms of detail how well it was covered in terms of the first place location and then falling back on the contingency. This means that the client doesn't have a lot of evidence when it comes to the consideration of areas and ultimately means that if they decide its not to their liking because we don't have the evidence to back our claim that we have considered multiple locals then we could lose the commission as it places doubt in their mind as to our reliability.

Overall I feel that if I were given the opportunity to make this commission it would go well, there are a few things that could definitely be ironed out to get it to a high standard of quality for the client but I have high confidence that if given the chance, budget and time this commission would work out well.

Have a great day!         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Practical Skills Evaluation

 The Final Practical and Professional skills I've covered but it's time to see how well I covered them. Looking at camera and lighti...